List of Ultra Mega Power Projects in India
Ultra Mega Power projects (UMPP) are Nine coal based thermal power projects which were planned by government of India.The capacity of each project is 4000 Megawatts or above.The coast of each project is approximately Rs.16,000 crore.The Ministry of Power has already awarded 3 UMPPs to Reliance power and 1 UMPP to Tata Power.Both the companies has started work at these four projects.These are the total 9 UMPP Special purpose vehicles in India.
Ultra Mega Power Projects in India
(1) Sasan Power Limited (Sasan, Madhya Pradesh),awarded to Reliance Power.
(2) Coastal Gujarat Power Limited (Mundra, Gujarat),awarded to Tata Power.
(3) Coastal Karnataka Power Limited (Tadri, Karnataka)
(4) Coastal Andhra Power Limited (Krishnapatnam, A.P.),awarded to Reliance Power.
(5) Coastal Tamil Nadu Power Limited (Cheyyur, T.N.)
(6) Coastal Maharashtra Power Limited (Girye, Maharastra)
(7) Orissa Integrated Power Limited (Sundergarh district, Orissa)
(8) Jharkhand Integrated Power Limited (Tilaiya, Jharkhand),awarded to Reliance Power.
(9) Akaltara Power Limited (Aklatara, Chattisgarh)